Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Not so much into VDay but I really like these tags.....

I saw these so awesome tags made by Vicki at Rusty Rooster Vintage --she takes vintage recipe cards and "alters" them by embellishing them with old lace, beads, trinkets, photo graphics, buttons you name it and she somehow puts it together and it works!  She embellishes all kinds of things you should really check her out, a sweetheart too!!  Disclaimer:  she is not paying me to say this...

I did not take any pics of how I made my tags.  I bought big shipping tags from Staples and I had everything else and just went for it...I had stamps and distress ink and a box of vintage buttons from my grandma and other stuff...
                                              

I wanted to give some friends a small gift so I found some relaxation CD's and wrapped them in brown paper & tied with jute twine...

I rubbed on some transfers and put a rose sticker in the middle...


And since I like things not perfect and to give a more vintagey feel I didn't rub it off completely {Ha} it's just cuz I forgot those places....
                                                               

Attach the tags and maybe a rhinestone or two and a simple cute gift!

I love these!  Go check out Vicki's site and get inspired too!                                                            
                                                                
                                                          
                                                  
                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Those gifts look lovely! I am sure the recipients will feel truly loved.
    Happy Valentine's day to you.

    ReplyDelete