Saturday, February 5, 2011

Maybe the third or fourth time's the charm----

I swear I've sanded this down so many times the wood is 1/2 inch thinner than I started!  Each time a different idea, don't like it, try something else, I think I like it now, maybe, I freehanded the dang thing sorta,  I did trace the words on but could barely see the lines and the designy thing is a stencil...
Here I started hand painting the words, a little scarey, but I love all the colors in the  board.  I painted on green, red and black and just swooshed them all together just layering it on...


And here it is done in crappy lighting in the bathroom.  I love the vintage door handle which will act as a hook for only lovely things not hubs sweats and not a wet towel!!

Not happy with these pics but I'm tired and what the heck anyway I'm gonna link to a couple of parrrtaaay's like:

miss mustard seed.copy me challenge (ya I'm in)

4 comments:

  1. Hi there~ I love your darling sign and think you did a great job on it! Having a little handle for treasures is perfect too! Thank you for sharing this over at Feathered Nest Friday- nice to meet you! I also wanted to let you know that the link you entered at the party is broken so it doesn't link right to this post. I just clicked on your blog title and ended up finding it here. Hope you will come back by and join in again sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie

    I love it, looks just like MMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific. I loooove the knob you added!

    ReplyDelete