Friday, January 21, 2011

Old grungy cabinet to new grungy cabinet





Here she is this ol' thing I've been dragging around for years.  It's been living out back, rusty and stinky so I brought her in [after hosing down] and cleaned her up--just so ya know, I finally got rid of that date in the corner of photos-sorry I'm such an amateur, you would never know my dad was a professional photographer I wish I'd learned more when he was still with us!

                                                                     
                          Love the rusty screws and hinges
                     So I took it apart
                       Painted it white and distressed with the palm sander and stained the top
   You can see I left the metal mesh inserts cuz they're neat looking.  I stained and wiped it off so it has a very distressed look and I  added these cool knobs for a little understated bling...
      and now she will live in the bathroom!  I cut down 2 of those big old embroidered towels of my mom's and made little guest towels to hang on the handles I added to the sides of cabinet.  Cute!!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely cabinet! Looks like an old cheese cabinet, maybe?
    You did a great job with the makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cabinet! Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks great!
    I bet you havs had that more than 25 years!!

    ReplyDelete